Technical Marketing Manager, Cloud Consulting Services
My client is looking for an energetic and driven Technical Marketing Manager for their exciting cloud consulting services portfolio. The Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) is the team lead of the marketing team, who acts as a liaison among internal and external groups, including sales, pre-sales, partners, and customers. In this role, you are a technologist expected to articulate and explain the value of our services solutions to our external audiences.
You will be given extensive access to marketing collateral, customers, field sales, and partner ecosystem. The successful TMM develops a variety of collateral to inform and demonstrate our business and technical transformative solutions. The content you will create and facilitate will include, white papers, blogs, videos, presentations and customer success stories. You will also be expected to help our sales teams to better understand how our customers need to use our solutions.
TMM to become an authority in consulting services business, how solutions fit within the overall portfolio of services, the competitive landscape, customers and influential audiences. You will be responsible for driving and reinforcing the key propositions of the portfolio. This will include helping define strategy based on personas and use cases, building sales tools and delivering cross-channel campaigns alongside a growing partner base globally.
- A strong understanding of requirements for private, hybrid or public cloud-based solutions and how customers adopt them
- A good understanding of VMware's SDDC solutions: vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRealize suite
- Able to describe your experience building & delivering content
- Familiar with consulting services and standard methodologies for helping customers adopt cloud solutions
The position is based in Surrey and is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a fast-growing and dynamic cloud consulting company.
The role involves understanding the technologies we consult in, who they serve and why they need it. Expect ownership and project management of marketing initiatives, and working closely with other members of the marketing, sales, and consulting teams.
This is a team lead position, working across a broad range of tasks, supported by a Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer.
- Developing positioning - connecting market and technology trends with GTMs to build technical product positioning and messages for key use cases
- Solution evangelism - evangelising at events to analysts, partners and customers
- Solution launches - masterminding solution launches to build decision-maker and technical influencer messaging, including pitching to analysts and press, product collateral and sales tools. Collaborate with sales team to develop new service offerings, maintain and develop existing offerings
- Project management - collaborate and guide the marketing team, prioritising tasks and activities, and managing deadlines
- Sales tools - Build and deliver technical enablement activities supporting sales, including training and enablement initiatives, developing and coordinating product and services presentations, whitepapers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools
You will be (key attributes)
The position requires someone who is tech savvy, preferably with a foundation understanding and knowledge of IT infrastructure trends. It requires excellent technical writing skills with the ability to expertly translate technical and transformation solutions into key value plays and marketing messaging.
- 3-6+ years relevant digital and/or solution marketing experience
- Self-starter with high personal energy and professional standards who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience creating and delivering cross-channel inbound campaigns that have delivered high quality leads
- Based in South-East England and able to commute to a Surrey office daily
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and able to effectively communicate complex technical concepts
- Passionate about ground-breaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology to different audiences with flair
You may be (potential attributes)
- Experience and familiarity with IT infrastructure products across storage, networking, server, and management technologies
- Demonstrated experience taking consulting solutions to market and delivering both strong lead flow and revenue growth
- Solution portfolio management
- Pre-sales and demonstration experience
- Knowledge of CRM and social media platforms
The business is run by a great team of experienced and hands-on Directors and has a supportive and enjoyable office culture. In addition, 25 days annual leave, a full benefits package (including health insurance and pension contribution) and an attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
- Cloud Computing
- Marketing Manager
- Technical Marketing