Puffin Produce Ltd, based in West Wales are the largest supplier of Welsh produce in Wales, supplying a wide variety of potatoes and seasonal vegetables to multiple major retailers and wholesalers. Our organisation holds an excellent reputation as a progressive and developing company and we have recently made significant investment in a state-of-the-art packing facility and are currently investing further in a new Prepared Vegetable operation. Our Blas y Tir brand is a large part of our business in Wales and our new brand - Root Zero, has launched into the UK as the UK’s first Carbon Neutral potato brand.
Puffin Produce Ltd was established over 40 years ago; our growing business delivers high quality produce to UK supermarkets all year round. We work very closely with our dedicated growers right through from crop planning to storage and packing of the product within our state-of-the-art potato factory.
Leadership of Puffin quality and food safety standards to consistently meet customer and BRCGS standards. Leadership and Development of the quality assurance team and quality culture on site.
To contribute to the overall strategic development of the Technical Function including Food Safety & Quality Standards development, innovation and promotional activity, Customer support, functional reporting, and driving a culture if continuous improvement.
- To manage the factory technical function in accordance with relevant legislation, food safety, BRCGS, customer technical requirements and company policies and procedures, maintain and improve standards.
- Lead & Development of the Quality Assurance team.
- Ensures that the Company policies and procedures maintain BRCGS AA+ and customer accreditation.
- Lead investigation and root cause analysis and corrective actions for complaints, customer rejections and in-process quality incidents.
- Lead any product related crisis management response.
- Responsible for establishing, communicating, and maintaining robust internal controls.
- Reporting results and driving continuous improvement initiatives/culture
- Oversee intake product quality during/post-harvest.
- Ensuring action plans are in place and maintained for internal audit.
- Ensuring hygiene practices are monitored.
- Oversees that management of customer complaints.
- To assist with cost management and contribute to cost reduction strategies.
- Responsible for escalating problems with plant, machinery.
1Root Cause Analysis
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'