Job Title Technical Manager
Location: Birmingham (North)
Salary: £45’000 - £65’000 plus
Responsible to: Directors
Overall Job Objective: Technical Manager
- Responsibility and accountability for the effective management of the Production Engineering & Design Department including design, people, budgets, reliability engineering, NPI, project management, production equipment, fixtures & tooling.
Career plan: Technical Manager
- The position will eventually sit on the Senior Management / Director team.
- This role would suit a good senior mechanical engineer looking to make the step up in his career.
- Equally, this role would also suit an experienced manager with good technical knowledge who wants to ultimately move into a director position.
Personal Attributes/Specification: Technical Manager
- We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on and dynamic engineer with creativity, enthusiasm, confidence and the drive to make things happen.
- You must have a proven technical/engineering management background with an ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Design experience with Solidworks or similar software using FMEA and knowledge of DFM & DFA techniques would be most beneficial
- Good Mechanical & Electrical Knowledge (Electronics would be beneficial)
- Knowledge of a wide range of engineering techniques and concepts
- Assembly background in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work within a budget
- Strategic thinker
Strategy & Development Responsibilities: Technical Manager
- Overall responsibility for the management, engagement and support of the Engineering Team.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete in the market.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and to act to mitigate risk and develop opportunities.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and the annual budget process.
Principle Responsibilities: Technical Manager
- Working closely with Manufacturing Manager responsible for overseeing all aspects of build design and quality from contract award to production handover.
- Responsible for all associated NPI/Project Management/Production Equipment including process optimization techniques.
- A keen awareness of Health & Safety legislation and member of the H & S Team.
- Awareness and involvement in all quality accreditations ie IATF16949, ISO14001, and any others as and when required.
- Identification and implementation of engineering best practice methods ensuring that planned and preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Report on engineering activities monthly to the senior management team ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant KPIs.
- Input and hold responsibility for engineering budgets
- Set departmental objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team and manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary and recruitment as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally ensuring optimal performance.
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, members of the engineering team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'