The Technical Manager assists in the delivery of best-in-class fleet management and fleet finance to the TUI Group Airlines. In a diverse and exciting role the technical manager will focus on providing technical input and expertise including related commercial and legal insight across the department.
You will be joining the company at an exciting time being part of the Fleet Management and Fleet Finance team which is planning and executing the transition of the 737NG fleet to the new 737 MAX. You will also be involved with technical aspects of other legacy fleet longevity evaluations within TUI Group airlines.
What you will be doing
As Technical Manager you will have responsibility for reviewing technical aspects of aircraft and engine leases, specification data and maintenance contracts in support of group asset acquisitions, and disposals. Under the direction of the Snr Manager technical, you will also be involved in negotiation of aircraft and engine financing and leasing contracts.
The Technical Manager will communicate and coordinate with all levels within the business including finance, legal, tax, engineering and fleet planning for successful implementation of transactions.
What we are looking for
- Qualified Aircraft technical / engineering background with proven track record in technical aircraft / engine fleet matters
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork focus, effectively communicate with all stakeholders both internal and external
- Ability to think strategically and to translate complex scenarios into clear, concise fact based decisions
- Strong project manage skills and experience
- Self-motivated to get things done showing initiative and working flexibly
- Record of delivery to tight deadlines and dynamic criteria
- Commercial and analytical individual
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to agreed timelines
- Understand and implement the Group policy with respect to fleet management and fleet finnace
- Take an active role in the coordination with engineering and operational departments to successfully deliver or re-deliver new and used aircraft.
- Lease documentation interpretation and understanding.
- Work with group airlines to to ensure head lease compliant aircraft transitions.
- Work with internal departments with respect to interpretation and compliance with new aircraft and engine purchase agreements.
- As required, manage lessor interface in regard to insurance claims and airline modification approvals.
- Understanding of aircraft specification and delivery process would be an advantage.
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 76,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'