Our Client, a leading fresh produce business based in Kent has a requirement for a Factory Technical Manager. Reporting to the Head of Technical, this is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to implement and take control of the complete Technical aspect of the business.
- Lead and coach your team, identifying any training needs, to ensure that the function is operating at the required level.
- Ensure the accurate communication and understanding of all customer technical requirements to relevant employees
- Proactively contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Implement and monitor good manufacturing practice in all aspects of operations
- As part of the Senior Management Team you will play a key role in determining and implementing site strategy
- Advise Management on all Technical and Quality aspects
- To lead third party audits and develop appropriate action plans from findings
- Worked successfully in a Technical Manager position within a high care / high risk manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining technical systems and procedures
- Experience of managing and developing people and processes
- Previous experience of managing audits
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Food Safety
- Working knowledge of retailer specification systems
- Substantial experience in working with UK retailers
- Minimum of a degree in food related discipline
- Good understanding of Health and Safety in manufacturing
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful Technical Manager will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £50,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience.