My client are a medium sized bespoke developer who are currently lokoing to recruit a Technical Manager in their South Coast office.
They are looking at expanding this year and want an experienced Technical Manager who shares similar ambitions to them, they can be competitive on salary and are willing to negoitiate with the right candidate.
To assist and co-operate with the Land Department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites:
- To be responsible that full and accurate technical appraisals, abnormal costings of potential development land are provided within required timescale
- To be responsible that the most cost effective options are physically developing the land are recommended
- By ensuring that the site can be properly serviced and constructed upon
- By assisting as requested with strategic land acquisitions and Planning Appeals including strategic technical studies, negotiating with statutory Authorities, instructing Consultants and obtaining/vetting their reports
- To be responsible that within the Technical Department an awareness is maintained of the need for suitable development land to be acquired and that the Company are made aware of all relevant information coming to the attention of the Department's staff which may assist in the identification and securing of sites
- Be responsible that in all areas of the department's work, detailed technical investigation, design and optimisation is carried out, and that proper liaison is maintained with statutory authorities, and that all necessary documentation and drawings are produced to enable contracts to be let and a site to be developed by the Building Department
To assist and where requested by the Technical Executive, be responsible for, the preparation of:
- Detail Design programmes including the management of the production information in line with the agreed design programme to ensure that the company meets its business objectives
- Technical and Services budgets including the management of the production information and service procurement against the agreed budgets to ensure that the company meets its business objectives
To be responsible for the preparation of detailed construction drawings (through the effective management of the consulting team), the negotiation and securing of technical and statutory approvals; all to achieve the optimum timing programmes, including:-
- The co-ordination of production of all necessary technical drawings, specialised designs and third party supplier information
- Making recommendations for cost effective optimising during the pre-planning process
- Reviewing, challenging and commenting on bespoke/project specific design information
- The negotiation and completion of appropriate legal agreements with statutory Authorities necessary for the proper technical requirements of a site
To be responsible for identifying and resolving technical design and constructional problems including:
- Being responsible for collating and providing feed-back to the Technical Executive in respect of technical design matters encountered during construction
- Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate
- Ensure adequate CPD is undertaken to maintain Professional Status where appropriate and to be aware of industry changes and developments
To assist in the supervision and administration of the Company Technical function particularly by:
- Ensuring the proper management of the sections workload including the supervision of internal Technicians (where employed), administration support staff, external Consultants, all as approved by the Technical Executive
- The maintenance and administration of the Company's Electronic filing system and printing operations
- Maintaining Fees and Services budgets for the department and ensuring that latest estimates are produced for financial forecasting. Ensuring all technical work is carried out within the approved budgets and report variances to the Technical Executive
Any other duties that may be required
- HNC/HND/degree/ MCIOBPrevious experience within the House Building or Construction sector
- Building Regulations, NHBC standards knowledge
- IT skills
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.