Due to internal promotion, this well-known food manufacturer now requires a highly experienced Technical Manager to manage the technical and quality team for one of their London sites.
Responsible for leading the technical strategy, motivating and engaging the team to ensure the site continues to improve standards and performance.
- Ensure the site is fit for the future through collaborative work with the site senior team and technical teams to ensure alignment in strategic & tactical plans with business strategy.
- Ensure local management of food safety, legality & quality incidents and accountability for decision making for product withdrawal.
- Ensure successful new product development and processes; delivering compliance to product specifications.
- Ensure that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to in order to deliver consistent quality performance and good manufacturing practice in-line with company & industry standards.
- Oversee effective management of pest control and legionella control.
- Manage, develop, motivate and train the technical department through effective coaching, regular feedback and appraisals in line with the company frameworks.
- Manage the technical budget to meet forecast targets for labour, materials, overheads.
- Lead & demonstrate active promotion of the company culture of "Safety First".
Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of retailer standards
- Strong audit performance
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Crisis Management Experience
- HACCP Trained (Level 4 preferable)
- Food Science Degree
- Quality Assurance