Food Manufacturing - Fresh Prepared
Competitive salary + package
This growing manufacturer of fresh and prepared foods have several sites across the UK, and now due to on-going growth they are looking at bringing on board an experienced Technical Manager.
Reporting into the Head of Technical, this is a site based role with limited UK travel, responsible for overseeing the entire technical team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the food industry particularly working with fresh or prepared foods, be technically sound, and have a passion to develop and progress the business with its sustained growth.
- To liaise with the senior Technical team on all group technical initiatives.
- To provide technical input into product and process development within the limits of the agreed product specification.
- To ensure the site BRC and audit ready at all times.
- To keep the company up to date on all relevant technical and legislative developments within the industry.
- To interact with the NPD, Technical Services, Production, Account Managers and customers to take technical ownership during the development and launch of products.
- To manage the food safety, legality, quality & GMP audit function for the factory.
- To develop a working relationship with all external technical contacts, with regard to suppliers, customers and all relevant enforcement agencies & certification bodies.
- To be the Site Technical Representative for all customer queries and visits.
- To provide technical input into all relevant site management meetings.
- To attend forums, meetings and reviews with retailers as and when required
- Experience working as a Technical Manager within a fresh food environment.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, legality, and quality and GMP audit functions.
- Experience of working with UK major retailers.
- Knowledge of BRC and HACCP.
- Exceptional management skills with the ability to develop teams and individuals.
- Accomplished influencer and mentor.
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job