We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join one of the UK's leading Housebuilders / Developers and work on a project near Hayes. Reporting to the Technical Director, the successful Technical Manager will take responsibility for liaising with and advising other departments on technical matters associated with the project, as well as ensuring that all information is available to the relevant departments as and when required.
It is envisaged that the successful Technical Manager will hold a relevant qualification and have a number of years' experience in a similar role, ideally working for another Housing Developer. A sound technical knowledge will be essential, as will a working knowledge of building regulations, HNBC, Party Wall Awards and the associated legislation. Excellent communication skills will also be key.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical professional to take the next step in their career. Due to the size and nature of our client, the role can be adapted accordingly in order to suit candidates of a varied experience level, while still proving to be fulfilling. Equally, there is potentially scope for more than one appointment. As a result, more specific information on the various roles can be provided as required.
Technical Manager Position Overview
- Liaise with other departments and advise on technical matters associated with the project
- Prepare Technical specifications in line with requirements determined by Technical/ Sales meetings
- Oversee the NHBC/ Building Regulations applications to approval
- Ensure working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme
- Ensure working drawings are in accordance with the code for sustainable homes
- Work closely with the Estimator to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates
- Further details to be discussed as required
Technical Manager Position Requirements
- Industry relevant qualification
- Managed a project through start to completion
- Experience in a similar role
- Sound technical knowledge of residential developments
- Working knowledge of current building regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associated legislation
- Strong communication skills
Technical Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary: Negotiable + £4,700 car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension + Private Healthcare
- Package to be discussed as required
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy