We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join our team at our processing plant in Telford.
As our Technical Manager, you will have full responsibility for leading and developing the technical and hygiene functions on site, ensuring legal compliance, food safety and adherence to customer specifications.
Key responsibilities include
• To provide direction and support to team members, managing and facilitating performance
• Provide direction and guidance to the business in ensuring product safety and quality of products manufactured are inline with legal and company standards, and meet the expectations of our customers
• Maintain and improve the Quality Management System to ensure Food Safety, Legal Compliance and adherence to Customer Specifications and Policies.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Take an active part on the HACCP Food Safety Team
• Lead external audits e.g., BRC, Red Tractor, retailer
• Agree and deliver a budget for the Technical function.
• Contribute fully to continuous improvement in the business performance as an active member of the Site Senior Management team.
• Provide technical advice and support including face to face meetings during the hygiene window on all aspects of hygiene e.g. areas to be cleaned, frequency, methods and chemicals
• Provide an effective link between NPD and production ensuring that new or changed products, processes and packaging are effectively introduced
To be successful in this role
You will have proven experience in a leadership role, with excellent communication and problem solving skills. A food related HND, experience of BRC or ISO 9000 and intermediate HACCP Level 3 are essential. You will also need a full UK driving license
Faccenda is committed to being an equal opportunities employer