To implement and maintain the technical standards within the businesses at all levels and to ensure the safe and consistent supply of high quality product to our customers.
The role will also extend to overseeing internal and external relationships including suppliers, customers and third party auditors to ensure that the business operates legally, within the required quality systems.
The aim of the Technical Manager will be to embed the principles continuous improvement within the culture of the business and to encourage all parties to embrace, through the BRC Global Food Standard, the benefits of working in a clean, safe and efficient environment.
To be responsible for maintaining food safety on site within the plant at all times and implementing with the Site Production Director, technical standards sufficient to maintain micro biological and food safety standards and a safe working environment.
To be responsible for the control of CCP’s within the process and managing the HACCPs team within the business.
To be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the BRC Food Quality Standard and to manage paperwork, personnel and external parties as required. This will include management of:
• Supplier Approvals with Traders / Purchasing.
• Product Specifications & NPD with Sales.
• Traceability / Record Keeping throughout the business.
• Labelling & legal packaging requirements.
• Document Control and quality systems throughout the business, including internal audit.
• Allergen Control on the site.
• External parties, such as Pest Control, Laboratory Testing, Chemical Suppliers, Calibration Suppliers & Waste Disposal.
• Supplier Audits and the management of supplier performance.
• Customer technical interface, including:
• New Supplier Approval
• Customer Specifications
• Other associated documents required for gaining customer technical approval.
• Customer Complaint System & Corrective Actions throughout the supply chain, including Product Recall, if required.
• The medical screening of all personnel, visitors and contractors on site and the maintenance of personal hygiene standards on the site.
• Technical Training for personnel at all levels of the business as required.
To be responsible with the Site Production Director for the management of House Keeping & Hygiene, Health & Safety and COSH on the site and to work with him to implement the companies Environmental Policy.
To be responsible for the Technical Supervisor and all other technical personnel as required.
To manage and work with external technical support as required in areas such as Internal Audit.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business