• To provide food safety and quality leadership to the European group.
• Take overall responsibility for quality related matters and Quality teams for the Business Unit.
• To implement quality and strategic initiatives.
• To provide a Quality and product safety management and advisory service to the business unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain the manufacturing site quality policy and objectives, ensuring compliance with Group Quality Policies and Procedures, applicable government regulations and customer requirements.
• Successfully develop, implement, maintain and execute quality procedures into the business which also comply with ingredients and quality programs: e.g. operating standards, auditing programs.
• Develop quality plans for the site to support continuous improvement programs.
• To benchmark the performance of the site from a product safety & quality perspective to help ensure the adoption of best practice and to ensure the site is appropriately resourced from a technical & quality perspective in relation to the Business Unit needs.
• To promote quality achievement and performance throughout all parts of the Business Unit.
• Accountable for executing the specified quality and business strategic initiatives.
• Responsible for directing and managing the day to day operations of the quality team.
• Conduct risk assessments and implement corrective actions.
• Manage consumer inquiries, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Manage quality and product safety issues in line with regional communication and escalation protocols to enable appropriate level of decision making.
• Assure compliance to product standards.
• Oversee Product Scale up Process with the Technical Team and ensure Quality requirements are agreed at the time of commercialisation.
• Responsible for quality talent management, development program and accountable for executing the specified quality and business strategic initiatives.
• Systematically assess and report the quality system performance against internal and external standards.
Skills & Experience Required
• A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, or other related scientific discipline is required.
• Demonstrable experience with direct line management in a corporate environment.
• Ability to interpret and transmit quality and product safety requirements work across different departments.
• Ability to recognise various parts of the business have differing demands and to react to them.
• Having a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements in relation to quality and product safety.
• Ability to breakdown a complaint into its component parts, determine root cause and corrective actions whilst responding in a timely fashion.
• Awareness of the quality standards associated with the business: BRC, FSMA etc.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job