We are recruiting a Technical Manager for an engineering company in Market Harborough. This is a growing, privately owned organisation who are looking for an individual with a mix of technical/engineering expertise and people-management experience. You'll be the "go to" technical lead as well as managing a team of 5+ Engineers.
You'll be responsible for setting up equipment with new clients, technical support and repairs as well as training and developing your team.
The company have a wide range of products which you'll receive training on, so it's not the technical knowledge which is key; it's a mixture of an engineering mindset together with previous people management skills. You will have a formal mechanical or electrical/electronic qualification along with a high level of IT and technical capability.
Key skills and Experience:
- Formal electro/mechanical engineering qualification
- A strong aptitude and interest in practical engineering
- The ability to work under you own initiative
- A natural inclination for fault finding and problem solving
- An eye for detail and a light touch
- Experience in the management of other staff members, including development of work procedures, quality systems and training packages
- Full driving licence
Also, advantageous but not essential:
- Experience of building and fitting equipment
- Experience of optical inspection, metrology and force measurement equipment · Programming skills / knowledge
- CAD experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job