Job title: Technical Manager Refrigeration
Based (region/office): Leicester
One of the UK’s Leading FM Company, its Refrigeration Division comprises of Refrigeration, Specialized HVAC, and Freezers, in Retail, Commercial and Industrial applications across all market sectors, offering Design, Project Installations, Service, Maintenance and Technical Advisory Support to end users and main contractors. We operate throughout the UK. We are seeking to expand our team with the addition of a Technical Manager to work in our Leicester office, covering all Refrigeration Division business activities and reporting directly to the Division Technical Director.
BRIEF DETAILS OF POSITION
Be responsible as Line Manager for a small Design Team operating in Retail, Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Project applications. Operate as a senior Technical Advisor the Industrial Refrigeration Service section.
Principal Responsibilities include:
A Technical Manager is required, ideally from an Industrial and/or Heavy Commercial Refrigeration background, with experience in design, consultancy or technical support within a contracting environment, involving activities involving end users of refrigeration. Previous experience with a Refrigeration Contractor, Service Provider or Consulting Company would be suitable backgrounds.
- Lead and manage a small Industrial and Commercial Refrigeration design team comprising design engineers and CAD technicians.
- Be familiar with, and provide technical support on all current legislation effecting refrigeration and HVAC systems, pressure systems, etc., (e.g. DSEAR, WSE, PED)
- Be familiar with, and provide technical support across the full Refrigeration Division on energy saving techniques and methods in refrigeration and HVAC applications.
- Be capable of creating and updating company policy on technical issues, e.g. F-Gas phase down and R404a replacements.
- Be familiar with pressure vessel selections and designs.
- Come up with initial design concepts in line with end-user requirements.
- Carry out site surveys where required
- Attend customer scoping and design meetings where required
- Produce initial outline design/scopes in support of the Project Sales team.
- Produce detailed designs, including P&ID’s, layouts, and electrical/control specifications.
- Calculations - produce engineering sheets and pipework isometric drawings, equipment selections and pipe work sizing calculations.
- Be able to check or produce data for Design of Contracts project handover including:
- Equipment/supplier/sub-contractor procurement schedule, identify PED category of system and inform compliance team if CAT 4, calculate system refrigerant charge, produce high level program of works and high level phasing if required
- Mark up drawings and issue to CAD department to produce.
- Attend site meetings in support of ongoing projects, and carry out design reviews and approvals.
- Maintain excellent service levels at all times, ensuring a "first Class" service to all customers - internal and external.
- Take on projects as and when required and see them through to successful completion
- Conduct presentations.
- Come up with initial design concepts in line with end user requirements.
- Actively seek new opportunities within the industry and promote our services.
- Take direction and strategy from management team.
- Work closely together within the wider team to drive the business forward.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in a technical advisory capacity.
- Technical and design experience in the refrigeration industry - ideally in an industrial or heavy commercial background and familiar with natural refrigerants, particularly ammonia and CO2
- Excellent organization & communication skills, man management
- Previous experience technical support roles to end users in manufacturing industries
- Confident and clear communication skills;
- Willingness to develop own skills and experience through learning interventions
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
- A full driving licence
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Preferred additional skills/Qualifications (not essential)
- Awareness of QA procedures
- Engineering software knowledge would be beneficial
- A qualification from within the building services industry
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If you are experienced Technical Manager Refrigeration with Industrial Refrigeration sector with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry-leading company, please apply.
- Building Services