Technical Manager (Polymers - Additives) c£45-55k + Bonus +Benefits
South East AB/J3343
An experienced polymers manager is urgently required to work closely with Business Development and R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customers.
You will take responsibility for technical customer support for the Specialty Additives business and work closely with commercial team (e.g. product Manager) to develop effective working relationships with new & existing customers to leverage Speciality additives technologies.
• Understands the technical aspects and benefits of the Specialty Additives range and can provide technical advice to customers.
• Develops a good understanding of existing applications of the Speciality additives and technologies, especially around the areas of performance polyester coatings e.g. gel coats and coil / can / industrial coating.
• Actively looks for new application areas and makes recommendations for new development projects and potential new opportunity areas in consultation with R&D colleagues.
• Visit existing and potential customer contacts globally, either independently or together with the sales team/agents, and drive the Specialty Additives technical support program to develop products, customer solutions and knowledge.
• Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems and act in accordance with company's SHE Golden rules and other SHE directives.
• Monitors competitive and emerging technology and works with the product manager, commercial manager and Head of R&D to flag market trends, customer developments and competitor activity.
• Support NPD and new application opportunities by managing customer sample evaluations
• Support commercial and operations teams in solving quality issues and claims.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSC, MSc, PhD Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, or a related subject.
- Performance polymers and/or polyester coatings sector.
- Experience of market driven product development, proven experience of understanding customer needs and a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products in the additives field.
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3343
- Polymer Science
- New Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job