Role: Technical Manager
Area: West/North Yorkshire
Salary: up to £44,000 per annum plus up to 10% bonus and 10% pension
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Do you want to work for one of Europe's largest specialist food companies? The company's brands are respected for their quality and authenticity and are found in the best professional and home kitchens. They pride themselves on their passion for the industry and the care they take to delivery consistently high quality products. Established in the 1980's, this company is now looking to expand the team and recruit a Technical Manager for their site in Yorkshire.
As the Technical Manager for this site you will be responsible for managing the Q&A functions, developing solid, safe and efficient processes and procedures to continue supporting effective operations. In addition to this you will be making sure that third party accreditation standards (BRC, FEMAS etc.) are adhered to. You will aid in the development of the QA site team, and manage relationships with key customers, including management of visits, audits and customer complaints. This position reports into the Site General Manager, and has 3 direct reports on site.
- Food manufacturing/processing experience; likely to be over 5 years
- BRC/Retailers COP
- Experience of setting and adhering to formal budgets
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels to build relationships
- Flexible and positive/robust approach
- Demonstrable leadership and management experience
- Ability to prioritise and create plans that drives CI
- Understanding of, and the ability to work in a Matrix Management environment
- Analytical, accurate and tenaciousQualifications:
- Degree in Food Technology/Food Science or related subject
- Intermediate HACCP & Food Hygiene, IOSH management
- Full UK driving license
- AuditingInternal customers and External relationships:
- Site Management team
- Central Technical team and other site management teams
- Technical Centre.If you would be interested in receiving more information and a full job specification, please do not hesitate to contact me on or ,
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Technical Manager