Technical Manager - Food Supply Chain
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Technical Supply Chain Manager
45 - 50K + Benefits.
Hours per week
The Company is a major supplier of ingredients to the UK food industry, including a number of market leading brands.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Full responsibility for the Safety, legality and quality of all the commodity products imported to the Customer base. To lead and develop the Supply chain Strategy by providing technical expertise and advice with regard to quality and legal compliance. To build strong working relationships with the suppliers ensuring we are managing all our expectations of supply.
To act as a primary interface for the supply chain technical issues from suppliers and commercial colleagues and deal with these problems in a timely manner reaching a satisfactory result.
To ensure conformance with customer manufacturing audit requirements under, the BRC Standard version 7 (for supplying retailers branded food products/Agents and Brokers) that pertain to Quality Assurance.
Ensure the overseas supply base comply with Environmental/ 20 by 20 Sustainable projects / SRT initiatives.
To ensure that all commodities being purchased have a Raw Material Specification and the materials entering the UK comply in accordance with the prescribed specifications.
Risk base the current supply base forging a scheduled visit plan based on risk which is aligned to the Commercial agenda.
The Auditing of oversees suppliers to ensure that their growing/manufacturing practices are in line with customer requirements.
To lead projects and initiatives for food safety i.e. Salmonella in Vine Fruit, Optical Sorting /X-ray equipment to minimise the impact of Foreign Body within raw materials supplied
Write and Implement the manual for the supply of commodity ingredients.
During your employment, you may have access to, see or hear information of a confidential nature relating to customer plans etc. and must not disclose it to other customers unless in the public domain.
You must not make any disclosure to any unauthorised person or use any confidential information relating to the business affairs, unless expressly authorised to do so by the company.
Technical Supply Chain Manager
Education and qualifications
- Degree qualified, or equivalent. A relevant post graduate qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- 5 years of professional experience within a Food Manufacturing environment is preferred.
Good Working Knowledge / Experience of
- Experience with food ingredients and proven ability to foster and build strategic vendor partnerships and customer relationships.
- Experience in a multi-national/global environment preferred.
- Ability to act as a Positive Role Model, Lead Teams and act as an Ambassador for the Business.
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clear ability to communicate dynamically with internal and external clients at all levels through to Senior Management.
- Experience in project management/coordination. Success in a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment where opportunities must be identified and seized in order to succeed.
- You must be able to travel on a regular basis to visit our Global Partners.
- Conversant on processes relevant to maintaining & controlling BRC, HACCP, Labelling, Audit, QA system etc.
- Ability to work in partnership with cross functional teams for market success including sales, marketing, operations, supply chain and customer service.
- Very high Customer Care standards.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Supply chain
- QA system
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'