Technical Manager - Food Import & Export
This exciting opportunity is now available working for an importer and exporter of a range of food products. They supply into the UK market, working closely with manufacturers, retailers and food service customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person based in the UK with drive, flexibility and enthusiasm. You will need to be highly flexible (changing priorities, UK/EU and worldwide travel at short notice).
- Customer support; writing specifications and completing questionnaires
- Presenting the UK legal and customer requirements to existing and potential suppliers
- Encouraging, helping and managing supplier developments with visits and communications
- Providing customer requirement details, legal simplifications, documentary examples, equipment and fabric information, BRC, HACCP, and Welfare information
- Gaining and assuring customer approval of suppliers by managing customer visits to the suppliers and ensuring issues are followed up and reported to the customer.
- Customer complaint logging trending following up and closing off
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Technically and mathematically competent
- Meat or chilled food experience, including micro and HACCP
- Ability to cross check documents and liaise with suppliers and customer.
- Specification writing and ensure specification matches customer requirements.
- HACCP proficient
- BRC awareness
- UK Retailer exposure
- Awareness-exposure to food safety and product quality assurance
- Retail, BRC and EU law exposure an advantage
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job