Annual Salary: £38,000 per year
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent Role
My client, a specialist Commercial Vehicle Fleet Maintainer is actively seeking to employ a Technical Maintenance Controller at their depot in Northampton.
The main purpose of this Technical Maintenance Controller role is to communicate with both customers and suppliers to ensure the vehicle down time for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is managed on a best cost/quality basis.
• To ensure incidents are expedited in the most efficient manner possible and that vehicle availability is maintained at the highest level possible.
• Ensure incidents are managed in line with contractual KPI’s and SLA’s.
• The provision of day to day advice on commercial vehicle costings and maintenance solutions.
• To provide ongoing control for all assets under the clients Control.
• Ensure cost effective maintenance solutions are met on every occasion by checking history and warranty.
• Challenge all work to ensure that maintenance is carried out to high cost and quality standards.
• Monitoring and controlling VOR’s and ensure maintenance spend is kept within set budgets.
• Identify issues with suppliers and resolve whilst maintaining and building an effective relationship.
• Liaise with the Engineering department where satisfactory resolutions cannot be met.
• When rechargeable work is carried out, ensure the relevant costs are accrued and coded as such.
• Regular communication to the Customer as work progresses through to completion.
To be successful in this Technical Maintenance Controller role you will need to be/have:
• Previous experience (or similar) within a busy maintenance control room environment.
• A minimum of 5 Years experience working within the commercial vehicle transport industry, preferably as an HGV Technician / Mechanic.
• Technical knowledge heavy commercial vehicles and good understanding of vehicle engineering and road transport law.
• In depth knowledge of repair times and parts cost.
• Proven track record of cost management within a similar environment.
• Negotiating and communication skills at all levels.
• I.T literate.
The hours of work for this role will be on a rotating shift pattern with hours between 06:00 - 19:00 Monday - Friday
The annual salary for this role will be between £38,000.
To make an application for this exciting role, please reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Gary at Kemp Recruitment on for further information.