Technical Litigation Executive
To run a caseload of around 110-120 pre issue files. These will be a mixture of admitted and disputed cases involving multiple medical reports. As a senior in the team support and assistance will also be given to the team leader and other members of the team.
The injuries will be high end fast-track with more than one medical report from different medical experts. Some the of cases will potentially be multi-track so experience in maximising damages, valuing multiple injuries and being able to identify higher value cases is essential. The vast majority of the claims will involve motorcycle accidents so knowledge of motorcycle liability and Case Law is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Target driven attitude
- Run a caseload of mixed MOJ and standard fast track cases. These will be either from the inception team or from following the initial medico-legal report from the Fast Track Pre Issue Team.
- To hit KPIs including fee target, issuing target, chargeable hours and profit measures.
- To liaise with clients whether via telephone, correspondence or in person to give advice and take instructions.
- To provide assistance and advice to more junior members of the team, regarding quantum and liability, and deal with minor complaints when necessary.
- To check outgoing post to ensure compliance with GDPR and to assist the Team Leader when required
- Arranging medical appointments and consider rehabilitation needs for the client
- Instruct engineer inspections
- To regularly review cases for liability and quantum
- Reviewing police reports
- Review and take instructions regarding quantum and liability offers
- Court document writing
- Instructing counsel to attend hearings
- Reviewing medical reports, and considering future losses on more severe injuries, to identify and escalate borderline multi-track cases to the multi-track team
THIS ROLE IS FOR 12 MONTHS FIXED TERMTo apply to this role please ring James on or email
Adecco aim to respond to all applicants, however due to the large number of applications we recieve this may not always be possible. Should you not recieve a response within five working days please accept this as notice that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Legal secretary - Litigation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'