The role of the Technical Librarian is to ensure the accurate and effective control of all control documents held within the Library environment. The Technical Librarian is;
- to ensure that all documents are controlled and amended to the latest amendment state as and when required to do so.
- To ensure that the library records are updated in a timely manner.
- To ensure that technical documentation is distributed as required in a timely manner.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Company policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensuring that all new documents, manuals, procedures and revisions/amendments to existing documents, manuals and procedures are logged on the designated Company application, vetted by the appropriate person(s) and distributed accordingly, in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all revision subscriptions are maintained as necessary to ensure all required documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensure all manuals, documents and Company procedures controlled within the library are maintained to the latest revision and accessible to all operations.
- Periodic check of the revision/amendment state of all manuals held in the library.
- Raising and closing down of Vet Forms for distribution of amendments within the company.
- The closing down of notifications which have been returned to confirm that amendments have been incorporated into the manuals
- Accept duties, responsibilities and accountabilities as reasonable directed by the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position.
- Regularly carryout a self-audit of the department ensuring compliance with the above.
- Demonstrates good administration and analytical skills, ability to collect, organise, synthesise, and analyse data; summarise findings.
- Utilises own initiative, plans workload and takes personal responsibility to ensure all tasks are allocated and completed in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style to meet the needs of the individual situation and provides clear and concise verbal and written information to people.
- High degree of integrity.
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question in order to gain a full understanding of issues.
- Presents themselves in a professional manner to their work colleagues and customers at all times.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and experience of using documentation control software.
- You should have previous experience working in a technical/education library or similar technical environment.
- You will be fully conversant with the management of documents and revision/ amendment control.
If you do not hear from a consultant within 2 weeks of your application, then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Documentation
- Personal Responsibility
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"