My client is a forward thinking and cutting edge digital consultancy with a long reigning global reputation. They are looking for engineers to work amongst technologies which define the forever growing technological industry.
You'll be joining a collaborative digital platforms team, working in a multi-disciplinary agile scrum team who develop software that exceeds customer expectations. You will be able to share and leverage the depth of knowledge and experience, to best shape culture and technology in the right direction.
You’ll be using your understanding and architecting for the cloud and help deliver services such as decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment. If you’re excited by long term projects and the idea of working on exciting digital transformations which are vital in society evolving with technology, then this could be for you!
Your role as a Technical Lead will be point of contact for software architecture and design queries/decisions within an agile team; providing software architecture expertise, development and testing activities. As a leader in the group you will be responsible for undertaking internal software assessments, providing governance within the team, negotiating software solutions with Platform architecture leads and working with the technical architect to shape the overall technical solution. You will be expected to provide technical guidance as well as develop key mechanisms and complex components using the preferred technologies.
- Define and build software solution(s) considering maturity, integrity, stability, scale, maintainability and user profile
- Articulate the different architectural views to depict aspects of the solution and common mechanisms for interactions between software components
- Define the longer term technical strategy and how the solution will consider this, whilst ensuring the software solution is compatible with the overall architecture
- Appreciate non-technology aspects of the software solution (e.g. business strategy)
- Support the solution throughout its construction, providing support to the development community
- Convince the team to adhere to and effectively leverage the software architecture and maintain modifications in architecturally relevant documents
- Assist in recruiting / building an effective team of developers
What you’ll bring:
- Strong technical appreciation of Open Source & Digital technologies and knowledge of tools to enable best practice development and make recommendations on tool usage.
- Proven background and experience in a range of technologies including Java, JSON, XML, Microservices, Agile Scrum methodology, Play Framework, mongoDB, Scala, Docker, Puppet, IntelliJ, IDE, Sbt;
- Knowledge of Java Development, Weblogic, Webmethods, Java Scripting, J2SE, J2EE, Spring, EJB, HTML, HTML5, Unix, Eclipse, SOAP, XML, REST, JBOSS, Apache, Tomact, SQL, Hibernate, JUnit, Selenium (Automation), GiT, WS02
- Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
- Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
- Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
- Strong Experience of Agile approaches and methodology.
What they offer:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. And although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, they also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.