Technical Lead (.NET) (60/40 Hands On/Hands Off)
£50k-£60k Plus Excellent Benefits + Company Bonus (10%-20%)
The Technical Lead is responsible for the detailed technical oversight of internal and externally sourced .NET & custom application development within the IT Applications department. The role involves a combination of management and technical leadership together with hands-on development duties as a project resource. The split of hands-on and management is 60%-70% hands on with their primary function being the peak of technical capability, together with day-to-day technical leadership of the .NET developers around them.
In collaboration with the Development Manager and other stakeholders, this role plays a key part in setting strategic and technical direction for solutions developed by the company. It ensures requirements are analysed and communicated, development plans are defined and maintained and solution designs are identified and evolved through development, all whilst ensuring adherence to Vaultex development standards and the Application Lifecycle Framework.
As the .NET Technical Lead, this role has an extensive depth of knowledge across a breadth of technologies, providing expertise, solution and technical guidance, management and hands-on development to the company and its initiatives as required.
Technical Lead Key Responsibilities:
- Provide both management and technical direction to the development team.
- Contribute to the solutions design process and ensure the shaping of solutions adheres to the overall technology strategies of the business.
- Work with the development manager to establish detailed development plans, monitor and facilitate issue resolution, ensure clarity of technical direction and manage and report progress for the development team.
- Work with the PMs, Development Manager and other stakeholders to agree resource allocation, ensuring the provision of accurate estimates and maintaining a clear view of task allocation of the resource pool
- Manage the detailed technical design and subsequent build of all .NET solutions developed, together with hands-on duties, ensuring they continue to meet customer requirements and meet technical standards.
- Work with and support the test and architecture sub-teams to ensure IT Applications provides effective solutions within agreed timescales.
- Maintain awareness of cutting edge technologies and how they can be used to provide solutions to business problems
- Manage cross-project technical dependencies and ensure appropriate and quality release scheduling
- Work within and enhance the existing development framework
- Adhere to and enforce the internal application lifecycle framework, ensuring appropriate governance and policies are adhered to by all development team members
Technical Lead Essential:
- Leadership & Team management of a highly technical development team and in leading across multiple development projects at once.
- Strong experience working on the development of highly transactional, data-centric and client-facing applications and services
- Extensive Microsoft.net framework experience (2 - 4.5), C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, Web forms, WCF Services, Dev Express Asp.Net MVC extensions (desirable), SharePoint 2010/2013 (desirable)
- A clear understanding of Microsoft object-orientated technologies e.g. .NET, WCF
- Experience working within a formalised development and infrastructure management framework
- Strong experience producing storyboards/prototypes to engage with the business and refine requirements/understanding
- Ability to translate complex technical solutions into non-technical "business speak" and vice versa
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.