Title: Technical Lead - Java Engineer based
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 & benefits
Skills: Java 8, Spring Boot, JPA, CI, CD, Docker, Agile
We are actively seeking an experienced Technical Lead to work alongside Java Engineers, with superb coding skills to join a highly successful start-up company based in central London. The company is in its 4th year of business and demonstrates an impressive business proposition, which has been received in high regard from both investors and clients.
You will be joining a friendly tech department who love learning and want to do things the right way, who have massive growth potential and enjoy experimenting with new technologies. We're looking for a Java engineer who can do more than just code. As a senior engineer, we expect you to use your experience in micro-service architectures to design and develop with elegant solutions that make a complex problem seem trivial.
Please note that whilst this is a Technical Lead position, it is expected that the successful candidate will remain hands on, leading by example in all things Java code related!
- Start from a user story and design a solution spanning micro-services (including interface definition, messaging, etc.)
- Develop, test and deploy software (development/unit/service testing) and ensure high code quality throughout
- Collaborate with the team to continuously improve the architecture
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the scrum team
- Participate in the "automate everything" mentality (e.g. Continuous Deployment pipelines, Jenkins, etc.)
- Prototype and spike new concepts, features, use of technology
To be considered, suitable Technical Leads will be highly experienced in the following:
- You can code! (Java 8, Spring Boot, JPA)
- You know what a good architecture looks like (ReST, distributed systems, eventual consistency, AMQP, high availability). And more importantly, you know what a bad architecture looks like!
- You know what CI & CD mean and have used Docker.
- You're comfortable with databases, including designing them! (e.g. MySQL)
- You live and breathe Agile. i.e you know what we mean by stories, scrums, retros, branching, JIRA,
- You can find your away around most Linux OSs
- Bonus points if you've used: AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB), Terraform, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, Memcache, RabbitMQ, NoSQL
In return for your hard work, commitment and loyalty, our client is offering a highly competitive package, including a salary of up to £90k, pension, healthcare, social events, share options, and of course, burgers and beers on a Friday!
Apply now for an immediate consultation!!
Service 1st Recruitment Ltd operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job