Technical Lead (Integration)
Bakers St, London
Up to £70,000 (Depending on experience)
Our client is a Digital Managed Service Agency, focused on digital markets in the private, public and charitable sectors. They are now looking to expand their team based in Central London.
Their client is growing its Engineering discipline. With an initial focus on Customer facing technologies, such as Ecommerce, EPOS and Integration. Engineering discipline will then develop to cover the full technology landscape at House of Fraser. In 2018 we are growing the Integration engineering team.
They're looking for talented Technical Lead, who can help build new and improve existing integration applications in an Agile/Scrum environment and mentor, coach developers within the team.
The right candidate will have integration development experience using Mulesoft along with software design and development using .Net OR Java and Intergration with 3rd party applications.
As a lead within the team, you will be able to provide domain specific technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, platforms and environments.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Define, update and apply good practice software engineering practices (e.g. TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews)
- Responsible for taking ownership of delivery and meeting the development goal (along with the wider engineering team)
- Working collaboratively and sharing good practices while ensuring consistency in the ways of working across teams
- Ensure best practices for software development are properly disseminated and followed
- Drive innovation through API and Microservices
- Collaborates closely with the solution architects and other technical leads to provide implementation details for selected solutions
- Closely monitors industry trends and developments and passes on knowledge when relevant
- Handles complex development issues by both providing technical support and interfacing with the appropriate developers
- Collaborate with the Testing Team to agree test automation strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the recommended design is followed through to implementation through reviews of high-level and detailed design documentation
To be considered for the Technical Lead position, you will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others in the engineering team.
- Demonstrated ability to convert product requirements into technical specifications and effectively communicate to developers and product teams.
- Experienced and expert level knowledge in building, unit testing and refactoring integration code specifically using Mulesoft.
- Understanding and experience of DevOps practices and principles
- 4 years development utilizing the Mulesoft platform experience preferred or experience developing with other API Management platforms
- 3-5 years systems design, development and integration experience
- Strong application development experience with Java/J2EE
- Experience with XML design and development
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience in implementing services in an AWS, or Azure cloud infrastructure environment
- Experience in designing and building highly available, scalable, and maintainable services
- Experience in business process modeling & reengineering.
- Understanding of agile development principles and the application and execution within an e-commerce environment
If you feel you are suitable for their Technical Lead position, please apply now.