Technical Lead (Front end)
Baker St, London
Up to £65,000 (Depending on experience)
Our client is a Digital Managed Service Agency, focused on digital markets in the private, public and charitable sectors. We are now looking to expand our team based in Central London.
Their client is growing its Engineering discipline. With an initial focus on Customer facing technologies, such as Ecommerce, EPOS and Integration. Engineering discipline will then develop to cover the full technology landscape at House of Fraser. In 2018 they are growing the Ecommerce Engineering team.
They're looking for talented Technical Lead, who can help build new and improve existing web applications in an Agile/Scrum environment and also mentor, coach web developers within the team.
As a lead within the team, you will be able to understand our ecommerce implementation and also enhance, refactor the code base to build large scale web applications.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Define, update and apply good practice software engineering practices (e.g. TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews)
- Responsible for taking ownership of delivery and meeting the development goal (along with the wider engineering team)
- Working collaboratively and sharing good practices while ensuring consistency in the ways of working across teams
- Design and implement features and functionality for both new and existing web applications including website redesign
- Ensure ecommerce implementations are performant and provide an engaging customer experience
- Investigate and resolve website performance issues
- Coordinate and work closely with product, creative, and other external teams
- Define and embed web/mobile development best practices and processes , working with wider development team.
- Collaborate with the Testing Team to agree test automation strategy
- Perform code reviews and provide mentoring/training to the wider web development teams where appropriate
To be considered for the Technical Lead position you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others in front end development
- Demonstrated ability to convert product requirements into technical specifications and effectively communicate to developers and product teams.
- Experience and knowledge of React JS or Vue.js and .Net
- Expertise in troubleshooting web performance issues as well as developing performant and search engine optimized ecommerce websites.
- Expert knowledge of accessibility, performance optimization, refactoring and cross browser compatibility
- Experience in the integration of off-the-shelf web applications, and integration with third party APIs to interface with the system
- Understanding of agile development principles and the application and execution within an e-commerce environment, e.g. pair programming, code reviews
If you feel you are suitable for their Technical Lead position, please apply now.