A stand out opportunity has arisen to join a leading Events agency based in the Middlesex area as the new Technical Lead for the events team. As the Technical Lead, your role requires a full understanding of digital project lifecycles and the ability to coordinate all aspects of 'the project’ from understanding the brief, scoping the appropriate solution, leading a development team, through client liaison and reconciliation.
The successful candidate will need to work closely with their team of developers and assistants to manage the agency pipeline, but also the dedicated Account Teams, Creative Producers and Project
Coordinators to support all projects. In terms of project planning, the Technical Lead will liaise
with the Head of department to monitor and manage the status of all development projects, and to
act as an escalation point to address key issues or significant requirements.
Your role will be broken down into:
- Manage the technical development of all projects.
- Manage the internal and freelance staff in order to service all live projects effectively and efficiently and remove technical impediments.
- Respond to project briefs, scopes and resource requirements in conjunction with the Lead Producer or Account Manager.
- Create/Manage architecture diagrams/plans.
- Manage/Administrate code repositories (Github).
- Azure cloud hosting services - configure new web applications and databases. Manage service
plans and oversee billing.
- Gather input from clients, users and other members of the team to create audit documentation, wireframes and storyboards, functional and technical specifications, and project plans.
- Recruit and lead cross-functional teams (design, technology, QA etc.) for the successful delivery of digital/interactive projects.
- Oversee design, development, production and testing of digital projects - reporting any potential disputes, changes to requirements or project slippage.
- Consider the long-term aspects of the role and each account, seeking new opportunities & innovations.
- Lead by example: colleagues, agencies and sub-contractors. Mentor other members of the technical team.
- Closely and frequently manage quality control of all activities, triage and coordinate QA process and test results.
- Engage in project handovers and help facilitate client sign-offs.
- Working with contractors/suppliers: Evaluate, appoint, monitor and manage multiple contractors for projects.
Advising and scoping the appropriate solution
- Attend (and in some cases lead) workshops and other discovery sessions to develop business
requirements for projects; communicate those requirements to the delivery team and ensure that solutions match and fulfil the requirements - bring expertise in technologies.
- Keep up to date with new technologies, attend seminars/shows and impart this knowledge back onto the team.
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and strategies and how the digital aspect of a project fits into to that overall business strategy.
- Provide guidance and problem-solving support to the production team and seek solutions to help the creative team deliver as much as possible within time and budget constraints.
- Interpret the creative team’s vision accurately and with sensitivity.
Budget and Cost control
- Work with the Project Leads to report forecasts and budget statuses to the client.
- Confirm that accurate, researched and calculated information is included in the overall budget scope and that this fully covers all project deliverables.
- Monitor timesheet records and report progress; track changes and raise potential risks or overruns; use these records to guide the project delivery, management of resources and deadline scheduling.
- Minimum of five years in an equivalent role within a similar sized & quality organisation.
- Has strong technical skills and develops the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces.
- Assessing briefs and applying the correct specification/architecture and methodology to new projects maintaining existing technical stack.
- Familiarity with a diverse range of technologies - both established and emerging should be a passion! We are seeking a leader in this who can advise on the best technologies to deliver upon the brief.
- This person will have experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Managerial experience leading a team of 3+ (minimum) direct reports.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent commercial experience.
- Agile experience (Jira, Team Foundation Server, Trello, Smartsheets).
- An understanding of GDPR is essential.
- Personable: daily client contact and integration with departments working and reporting directly to clients.
- Responsive: adaptable in changing circumstances and able to react to urgent requests. Works well under pressure.
Who are you as a person?
- Intelligent and inquisitive
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Confident, warm, outgoing personality
- Responsive, proactive and innovative
- Accurate, patient and always attentive to detail
- Proficient in managing expectations and delivering under pressure
- Highly organised and consistent; disciplined time manager with the initiative to work on own
- A team player and a team leader: able to command the support and respect of the team
- Sense of humour and a positive mental attitude are a must!
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management