We are currently recruiting for a Technical Infrastructure Lead to join us here at UBT. We are a large Business Advisory Consultancy organisation operating as a charity within 19 countries across Europe, North America, Central America and Australia. We work with a customer base of 3000 companies globally with 1100 of those based here in the UK.
We need someone to own and run our internal infrastructure projects and manage either directly or via contractors the design and implementation of them. We are currently looking at the design and implementation of Office 365 as well as several other virtualization projects in our move from on-premise to co-located/cloud solutions. This role will run those project streams along with managing a small IT support and projects team of 3.
- Within this role you will deliver on the technical vision as set-out by the global CIO - based in the head offices - Sydney, Australia.
- You must be passionate about industry standards and best practices and understand the requirements of ISO27001. Identification of key-man risks and the introduction of process to mitigate and remove these risks is essential.
- Your ability to remain hands-on is essential - this role demands a creative approach to lead a small team and a willingness to embrace change. You will be responsible to maintain the complete infrastructure portfolio and associated documentation, and lead the business into the cloud.
- As a charity, cost management is crucial, and you will be responsible for managing technology reviews and propose options for cost reductions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Experience with a high number of the following would be essential. Training will be available where there are knowledge gaps and certification opportunities will be available where relevant:
- Experience traditional on premise network solutions, hybrid and cloud-based solutions.
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Exchange / Office 365
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Virtualisation - Hyper-V and VMware
- PCI Compliance
- Procedural documentation and implementation
- Working with and experience in:
- remote / distributed teams
- team management/leadership
- third-party vendors / service agents
- Penetration testing / infrastructure audit
£47,000-£55,000 plus car or car allowance. Other benefits will include 3% Pension (raising to 5% in April 2018), 22 Days holiday (plus B/H), Healthcare, Free Lunches and Free Parking.
- Business Advisory
- Network Infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job