iRecruit Partners are currently working with a company based in Newbury who are looking for a Technical Information Officer.
Under the direction of the Technical Manager, provide technical support to the company, liaising with both suppliers/customers on technical requirements.
- Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Compile customer product specifications and review and update them as required.
- Provide technical support to the company and all customers
- Assist in the development/maintenance of company policies in line with new legislation, customer requirements or company standards.
- Keep abreast of legislation to ensure company compliance and communicate any changes internally.
- Assist in the benchmarking of products to ensure Technical Compliance to specification.
- Ensure new products are analysed according to customer requirements for Nutrition and Shelf life.
- Completion of Quality Attribute sheets and any other Technical documentation required by the customer.
- Assist in the update and maintenance of internal database, Unity, to ensure Technical information is available for all products.
- Investigate customer complaints and complete monthly complaint KPI report.
- Attend and assist with development, preproduction trials and launches.
- Review and approve artwork.
- Manage objectives set by the Technical Manager and ensure completion within the timescales provided.
- Any other tasks as required by the Technical Manager.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Background in food related subject
- Technical experience in the food industry
- Similar role (customer facing) for 2 years minimum
- Working knowledge of retail specification systems
- Understanding of Technical process from concept to launch
- Understanding of retailer dynamics
- Understanding of NPD systems & procedures used by UK Retailers
- Up-to-date knowledge of food legislation
- Computer literate, including MS Word & Excel
- Full driving licence and own transport
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Food Science/Technology Degree
- 3-5yrs Technical experience working directly in the premium retail sector
- Management of Technical projects for Retailers for the supply of Ambient Grocery products
- Comfortable & confident in a retail environment
- Understanding emulsion stability and mayonnaise
- Discretionary bonus
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with years of service
KEYWORDS: Technology / Food Science / Retail / Suppliers / Customers / NPD