£40k - £45k
A fast growing and forward thinking business is currently recruiting for a Technical Improvement Manager who can identify areas to spot and develop opportunities.
The Role of the Technical Improvement Manager will involve:
• Looking at and investigating a wealth of opportunities where relevant Continuous Improvement activities or projects can and should take place.
• The business is fairly new to their implementation of Lean meaning that you will have a range of areas where improvements in productivity or waste reduction can be made.
• Looking at data as well as talking to engineers on the shop floor to understand first-hand what issues and potential solutions are
• Being responsible for the projects from start to finish including the financial elements through to risk analysis and management of contractors on site.
• Owning the project and results of it. Being able to make a presentation understanding costs and benefits associated with it and being the accountable person for its success.
• Getting buy in from teams – as you will work in conjunction with other teams, you will need to be able to win hearts and minds and use resources from other teams where they have the expertise required for the projects
• Dealing with challenges based around a business that deals with a variable product and is therefore harder to achieve standardised operating procedures
The successful Technical Improvement Manager will:
• Ideally have a recognised qualification within Lean / Continuous Improvement such as 6 Sigma Black belt.
• Have experience utilising skills from within a business with the challenge of having no management responsibility over those people
• Understand how to interrogate data and create the right metrics to make it useful but also see the value of being close to the shop floor and really understand processes
• Have a good working knowledge of Health and safety legislation and safe working practices
• Be able to evidence a range of CAPEX projects with a full understanding of the budgetary implication and expected results or cost savings and improvements
Competitive salary and real potential for career growth with a business that has a great track record for continual expansion.
If you’d like more information before applying, please call Mikey on 01159888792
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business