The post holder is responsible for accurately recording incidents reported by Network Management Tools and by customers directly, ensuring that the incident is accurately logged with the correct information.Key Accountabilities
- Helpdesk Support taking extensive calls via a headset.
- Monitoring of Network Management Tools to ensure accurate and timely investigation, diagnostics and resolution of all incidents.
- Direct contact inbound and outbound customer service delivery to customers, reacting to customer reported incidents within Service Level targets.
- Accurately diagnose and resolve incidents within contractual SLAs, ensuring escalation of those which are in jeopardy.
- Take ownership for the update, maintenance and production of relevant processes and local working instructions
- Accountable for the delivery of high quality customer service and communications to customers and internal departments
- Jeopardy management from opening to resolution within SLA targets of incident cases relevant to the Network Management Centre.
- Responsible for the production of reports to aid and assist with incident diagnostics and resolution using the relevant network tools.
External contacts are primarily partners and suppliers including.
Internal contact will be required with other Service Centre Teams, Field Services, Network Support Services and Customer Services teams as well contact with other internal teams (IT, PCT) in relation to progression of incidents.
Primarily the post holder will be responding to network events and customer incidents on the Network and this will involve working in real time with consideration of the short term future.Essential knowledge and specialist skills
- Previous Helpdesk Support experience - 2nd and 3rd Line Support
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent), preferably in telecommunications
- Knowledge of a TETRA Network
- Experience of Tier 1 / 1st Line diagnostics and incident resolution
- Experience of customer services within a Service Centre environment
The post holder will have worked in an NMC/NOC environment within the telecommunications industry and have experience of Tier 1/1st Line diagnostics and fault resolution.
The post holder is also required to have experience of customer service within an NMC/NOC environment, preferably with experience of interacting with customers from the Emergency/Recovery Services.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- ITIL Foundation - essential
- Fault diagnostic experience
- Previous Helpdesk experience within Event Management or Incident Management would be desirable
- A good understanding of Service Desk and Network Management Centre / Network Operations Centre.
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills