Technical Graduate (Materials)
Our client is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support future prosperity. Their unique combination of people, technology and assets enables them to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our client’s name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now they are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career here isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our client’s graduate development programmes provide relevant, hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
Our client believe their people are the business. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining the team as a Technical Graduate you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company Car (role dependent)
- Access to the company rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Technical Graduate, you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated. You will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum achievement of a 2:1 classification.
What might my 2 year programme entail?
The role of Technical Graduate will report to the ?Senior Manager, Materials & during the programme, you will initially be based at the Technical Centre in Wolverhampton although your programme will include a period where you will be required to work within one or more of our regional teams. Your time spent as a Technical Graduate will include a variety of rotations providing you with a great insight into the industry in general, for example:
- Regional Technical: Covering, SHE, Product Knowledge, Production Processes, Quality Control, Customer Exposure, Technical Systems Management, Complaint Handling, Commercial Drivers and Logistics. This rotation will involve periods of time at Quarries, Sand & Gravel units, Recycling depots, Asphalt Plants and Concrete Plants.
- Regional Contracting: Material rotation covering a wide range of products, Pre-Contract Site Assessments, Contract Vetting, Site Technical Management and Estimating.
- National Technical Centre; Industry Specification Activities, R&D, Product Development, Pavement Design, Sustainability, Procurement Activities, National UKAS Laboratory Testing and Project Management.
- Bitumen supplier
- Local Authority Roads Department rotation.
- Industry Consultant / Designer rotation.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Technical Graduate, our client want to hear from you. Please click ?APPLY ?below to register your interest!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Graduate. Technical
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job