Do you have extensive experience of Protein Chemistry/ Biochemistry with demonstrable practical experience in the field of LCMS for intact mass, protein sequencing, impurity and stability studies, method development and validation?
Do you have experience of working in a Good Practice (GxP) regulatory laboratory within the chemical, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical industry?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above we want to hear from you, as we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Expert: LCMS Technique Specialist for Protein Characterisation to join our dynamic team based in Manchester.
Due to the key requirements of the role involving working as a technical expert within a GLP, GCP and GMP regulated laboratory we cannot process applications that do not meet the requirements stated above.
Our client has an extensive range of analytical instrumentation and provides analytical services to customers in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, personal care and speciality chemical sectors in a GLP, GCP and GMP regulated laboratory.
The role holder will provide LCMS expertise for Biological samples, such as peptides, proteins and oligonucleotides; and coordinate a wide range of projects from key clients in compliance with GxP requirement.
The Manchester site operates on a flexible working basis where core hours are 37.5 hours per week. The role holder must be willing to work to a flexible schedule as the business requires.
Required skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills
• Have a background in Protein Chemistry/Biochemistry with demonstrable practical experience in the field of LCMS for intact mass, protein sequencing, impurity and stability studies, method development and validation.
• B.Sc / MSc/ PhD in BioChemistry (or related scientific discipline)
• At least 5 years' experience in the practical and theoretical aspects of Protein Characterisation is essential.
• Proven experience in the delivery of Protein Characterisation studies in a regulatory environment
• Proven experience in quantitative LC/LC-MS for the chemical structure determination of peptides and proteins are essential
• Experience of working in a GxP regulatory laboratory essential
• Good practical laboratory and problem solving skills
• Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator(written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role