25 day's holiday + Stats
5% Pension Contribution
Mon - Fri - 7.30am - 4pm or 8.00am - 4.30pm (40 hours) Flexi Time
We are currently looking for a Technical Estimator with experience of working within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment to join our clients busy and expanding team.
Reporting to the Director, The Estimator will be responsible for providing detailed and accurate cost estimates for precision machined components that will be submitted as formal quotes to customer requests.
* Interpret customer requirements from drawings, specifications and CAD models.
* Define process routing and estimate set up & cycle times.
* Obtain prices for any external processes and materials
* Prepare technical tenders and quotations for clients within target response time
* Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company
* Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates, and including supplementary documentation where necessary.
* Provide support and advice to customers
* Completion of bid packs
* Multi-site support
* CNC Machining background in a precision machining environment essential, including knowledge of:
o Set up times
o Machine run times
o Cutting parameters for exotic materials
* Must have working knowledge of CAD
* Knowledge of EgdeCam or other similar programming software
* Must be able to deal with customers and suppliers in a professional manner
* Technical Estimator/Project Engineer
* Looking to work for an historic, leading manufacturer
* Customer Liaison / Management
* Experience of continuous improvement