Technical post sales Engineer - Surrey £80,000 - £100,000 package (salary and benefits) - : C/C++, Cobol, PL1, Assembler - Mainframe platform - support and understanding C/Java development architecture - identifying solutions to resolve issues with the Software Defined Mainframe - C/C++, Cobol, PL1, Assembler - Mainframe platform - support and understanding C/Java development architecture - identifying solutions to resolve issues with the Software Defined Mainframe
My client is a leading business who are revolutionising the way companies us the mainframe.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. Your main task is to diagnose and troubleshoot our cutting-edge Software Defined Mainframe platform.
You will have to recreate software issues, document them and find solutions together with our global development team. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and
accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve issues with the Software Defined Mainframe
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Create workarounds and best practices for the Software Defined Mainframe platform
- Maintain documentation base in the area of problems, best practices on the product
- Work with the clients so solve technical issues
- Customer support 24/7Qualifications:
- Master degree in Information Technology or similar
- Strong System Engineering background with z/OS (5+ years)
- Linux experience would be a plus
- Program languages: C/C++, Cobol, PL1, Assembler (min. 2 of the mentioned languages)
- Strong skill set around application support and understanding C/Java development architecture
- Interest in open source technology
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Highly developed analytical and troubleshooting abilities
This is a perm role based in Surrey - Please contact for more info
- IBM Mainframe
- Assembler - Mainframe platform