We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn.
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender - lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Domain Architect (Integration) to work at our office in Bradford. Here you will act as the design authority for all changes and projects with regard to the Integration aspects of the solutions, and must be the technical subject matter expert and technical authority on all aspects of the organisations existing and potential integration technology and process choices.
Role responsibilities will include: -
- Accountable and Responsible for the development of current, transition and future architecture artefacts including target architectures, transitions architectures, application landscape, technology landscape and associated roadmaps, together with the documentation of the current architecture landscape within their technology domain (integration)
- Ensuring that all transition and future architectures and roadmaps align to overall EA strategy, within their domain
- Effectively communicate with direct line manager and Head of Function to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs
- Provision of architectural support for projects, ensuring that solutions conform to principles, policies and standards and regulations and are scalable future proof and fit for purpose
- Ensure architectural principles, strategies, frameworks and business and technology roadmaps are developed and maintained
- Build strong relationships at all levels and provide strategic insight to the management team and board, including Solution architects and business domain architects to ensure business and solution architectures align to architectural direction
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years integration experience, across SOA and Micro services Architecture
- Recognised as a domain level expert in integration technologies and associated best practice (e.g. web services, REST, ESB and SOA)
- Hands on experience with a major ESB, service based technology (e.g. IBM Service Bus, Microsoft Azure etc.
- Excellent understanding and experience of service based design
- Experience of developing contract first strategy across a multi-product organisation.
- Knowledge of app development and architecture best practice within the integration space across a variety of service patterns (e.g. pub/sub)
- Experience of integrating multiple line of business (legacy) apps into a modern digital architecture
- Excellent understanding of N-Tier architectures
- Familiarity with message based and data integration technologies (XML, JSON and web services)
- Development of strategy and roadmaps involving multiple stakeholders for the data architecture & technology architecture domain
- Experience of cloud based solutions, and delivery
- Experience of developing an API strategy for integration within an enterprise organisation
- Familiarity and Understanding of the other Architecture domains (Application, Technology and Business)
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it's not the only one. We'll invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including car allowance, 20% bonus scheme and pension, and a whole range of other benefits besides.
- soa AND micro services architecture AND n-tier AND service based design