The role of a Senior Design engineer is truly respected in this company. Taking on the historic work, and developing the new business to working with clients which are either the largest suppliers of products in food, automotive sectors - down to small OEMs/Suppliers that need simple system installed.
This company is a market leader in the Materials Handling sector, with offices across the EU/World, and partners in various countries across the globe.
Which means some of their installations are going to be outside the UK.
SO what we looking for? We need an engineer that can -
- Manage the creation & maintenance of project drawings, BOM's, specifications and component drawings
- Manage the production of installation instructions
- Manage the compilation of CE compliant maintenance manuals
- Interaction with internal departments and external personnel at all levels including customers, consultants, project managers, sub-contractors, suppliers & manufacturers
- Occasional site visits both within the UK and overseas
- Manage & undertake general design office tasks
- Support Group Technical programs
- Represent the company as an active member of the SEMA Technical committee
- Provide emergency breakdown diagnosis support to After Sales, Installations Manager and directly with customers
- Lead &/or assist as necessary with the final commissioning of major projects
- Lead work required to ensure the companies specs meet country specific requirements
What you need!
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in mechanical, electro-mechanical or structural engineering with design management/supervisory experience
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- ACAD proficient
- Flexibility, commitment, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure
- Full clean UK driving licence
- High personal standards with the ability and desire to produce accurate work within defined timescales
- The ability to stand back from a situation and ensure that the objective is met
Would be awesome if you had, but not essential!
- Experience in a design position within the Materials Handling & Storage industry and/or structural metal fabrication
- SolidWorks experience
- Sage200 experience
- Material Handling
- Mechanical Design
- Technical Leadership
- Storage Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job