Our client has an opportunity for a Technical Design Engineer to join the team based in Mansfield. Joining them on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on qualifications, skills and experience.
They are one of the UK’s leading Security and Communications Companies with over 65 years’ experience. They are an NSI Gold and BAFE accredited Company who specialise in the design, installation, service and maintenance of integrated security systems. They work with a wide range of public and private sector businesses and have achieved a reputation for quality, care and reliability that is second to none. They are continually investing in the development of their employees to ensure they maintain a highly skilled workforce. Due to continued growth and success the Company are now seeking a dedicated Technical Design Engineer.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an individual to become a valued member of the Defence Division. You should be positive, enthusiastic with excellent technical knowledge. You will be responsible for providing technical and design assistance to the Managing Director, Head of the Defence Division, Ship’s staff, End users and the Authority (Ministry of Defence). You will be a proactive, analytical self-starter with the ability to prioritise and manage your own day-to-day workload. Effective communication skills (written and verbal) are essential with the additional ability to pay attention to fine detail whilst providing an accurate and focused delivery of your associated responsibilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual, with scope for development within a dynamic growing business.
The Technical Design Engineer role involves:
- Providing technical assistance (based at Head Office) of Internal Communications, Main Broadcast, CCTV and PABX Systems
- Providing technical assistance (via the telephone & email) to Ship’s staff, End users and the Authority
- Providing technical assistance (via the telephone & email) to company technical engineering staff
- Providing technical support (site based) to Ship’s staff, End users and the Authority
- Preparation of contract drawings along with manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD
- Provide CAD details and written text to be included in specifications
- Ensure that specification designs are accurate
- Providing support to the Head of the Defence Division and sourcing replacement parts and assisting with design changes for obsolete equipment
- System demonstrations to the End User
- Assisting with the Divisions ‘on-board’ Ship installations and testing of equipment
- Working with customers/employees to identify problems and advising on solutions
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Update BR’s, Handbooks, manuals and drawings
- Investigate operational defects reported and liaise with the technical engineers for a resolution
Key experience / qualifications required by the Technical Design Engineer:
- Engineering qualification
- Knowledge of industry, Defence, Quality and Engineering Standards and Processes
- Strong technical understanding of Communication Systems, Main Broadcast, CCTV and PABX
- Good knowledge, experience and qualification in using AutoCAD
- Good knowledge/qualifications for electrical safety
- Working with manufacturers drawings, circuit diagrams and specifications
- Have good time management
- Excellent communication skills & problem-solving skills
- Be able to read and understand detailed drawings
- Good use of MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
You should also have the ability to:
- Talk to customers at a technical level
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines
- Quickly absorb and apply new technical product knowledge effectively
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge
- Keep good, accurate records
In return they are more than happy to invest in developing your career and can offer the following package:
Working hours: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm (30 minutes lunch) and Friday 7.30am – 1.30pm.
Salary: Competitive - dependant on experience, skills and qualifications.
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Birthday holiday, Cycle to Work and Childcare Voucher Scheme.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, they are the place to be. Why not click apply today to become their Technical Design Engineer – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join one of the Midlands leading privately owned Security and Communications Companies.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"