POST Recruitment are recruiting for a Technical Deputy Laboratory Manager to join a medical innovation company based in York.
My client specialises in delivering high-quality pathology services in support of human clinical trials. The laboratory in York supports investigator sites throughout Europe and the company supports clinical trials globally (facilities in the U.K, U.S, Singapore, India and China).
The York laboratory comprises of haematology, biochemistry, microbiology and an esoteric testing department. Major equipment includes; Sysmex CBC/Coagulation, Siemens Chemistry (chemistry and immunoassay) and Beckman Coulter (Flow Cytometry).
Skills and experience required;
- Several years’ experience at bench level within a clinical laboratory; preferably within blood sciences/ esoteric and/ or GLP experience
- The ability to drive forward the globalization of our services and internal harmonisation of our processes whilst maintaining a quality and client focus
- Experience of working on a number of process improvement projects working to tight deadlines
- The ability to initiate change where required, focusing on problem solving and maintaining a flexible approach
- Preparing concise and accurate communications (internal and external)
- Being comfortable at interacting with different skill sets of individuals
- Experience in leading and managing teams within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Understanding/involvement in accreditation/regulatory inspections. Maintaining accreditation status
- Experience in writing and reviewing laboratory based reports and SOP’s
- Supporting with the identification of equipment install/validation - Installation Qualification and Operation Qualification (IQ/OQ) experience
- Supporting with the identification of new assay install/validation
- Review and trouble shoot for external proficiency scores that are deemed unacceptable
- Quality issue logging/review/ resolution
- Supporting with the identification of equipment purchases
- Ensuring maintenance contracts are current
- Holding laboratory meetings
Ideally applicants will be registered with the HCPC and have suitable clinical laboratory based experience. No previous experience of clinical trial work is necessary. The salary for this role is between £35,000 - £38,000 per annum.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd.
The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job