Technical Data Specialist
My client, a Woking based information provider who are expanding rapidly, are looking for a Technical Data Specialist, to join a multi-disciplined IT team delivering bespoke, industry specific software solutions. The Technical Data Specialist will work closely with production teams & the lead developer to analyse current & potential data sources with the objective of leveraging automation to reduce the time taken to produce reports. The team is responsible for delivering, maintaining and improving a suite of software solutions to enable the business to accept orders, progress workflows to aid in their fulfilment and to deliver completed orders to end users. Additionally, the product suite included integrations with 3rd party suppliers and some clients. You will work within agile development practices, and will be expected to strive to improve skills, learn new techniques and methodologies and challenge the team with new ideas.
The role will involve:
- Research available data sources that can be used to solve specific tasks, contact data suppliers and take part in negotiating access to external data, propose ways of transforming and querying data to achieve the desired goals
- Propose ways of creatively using available data to generate unique/added value products.
- Propose ways to store, process and access data.
- Develop data processing algorithms
- Maintain a register of useful internal/external data sources
- Manage data access licenses, report on data usage.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of spatial data structures and methods of working with spatial data
- Ability to use GIS systems to visualise data
- Knowledge of data processing techniques and algorithms
- Ability to visualise complex data structures in a simple way
- Good math skills
- Knowledge of databases, data manipulation and querying language (SQL)
- Sufficient technical knowledge to be able to set up data storage solutions, import/export data, link to the external data sources
- Knowledge of data exchange formats and techniques
- Understanding of conveyancing process would be beneficial
- Existing contacts with data owners/custodians would be beneficial
This role would suit a recent IT graduate who is able to formulate ideas that create the future. Someone who is able to adopt a "can do" attitude with a flexible approach of working within a technology department. An enthusiastic team player with an ability to share knowledge, and support other colleagues. You will works effectively with a group of people to achieve local and company goals and will be passionate and proud of their work.
As a Technical Data Specialist for this company you will earn a salary of between £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience and suitability. You will also be entitled to a strong and extensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this role, click 'Apply' and send your CV in for immediate consideration.
- Technical Data Specialist