This is a high calibre opportunity based in the heart of the City for those with a genuine passion for providing world class customer service.
We are looking for a Customer Support Consultant to join an elite team in a company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide. Thus, an aptitude for working with technical people and a liking for high technology would certainly help, particularly given those around you are at the heart of development of next generation communication solutions (the connected car, aircraft passenger connectivity etc).
Working in a close-knit team, you will be the first port of call for a wide range of customers/users - these could be distribution partners, mariners, those working for NGOs, government organisations working in the field etc. This means no two days are the same, and versatile soft skills to adapt to different customer groups is essential. This is a quality not quantity set up!
Character is all! You will be an excellent communicator, able to follow process meticulously yet build rapport naturally and remain calm under pressure. Passion, enthusiasm and warmth are prerequisites.
- Call handling and logging customer queries
- Provisioning: activation and de-activation of terminals, suspensions and SIM activations
- Checking invoices from a billing perspective
- Troubleshooting of network, hardware and applications
- Managing cases in line with customer’s expectations securing our SLAs and KPIs
- Two years’ customer service experience, ideally in the telecommunications/high technology industry
- Ability to conduct initial troubleshooting and diagnostics when enquiries come in
- Enjoys working within a multilingual customer base
- Desire to work collaboratively using initiative to solve problems and continually expand knowledge.
- Have a working technical knowledge of:
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the telecommunications sector
- Understanding of network concepts (LANs and WANs).
- Mobile communications technologies such as Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth®
- An awareness of different types of computer based and security applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job