Reporting to the Technical Director, the role of Technical Coordinator is to manage the technical aspects for allocated projects within the region of operation, fitting into an established team.
The role will interface with all the internal departments, external consultants, H&S Advisors; suppliers; contractors and specialists; solicitors; Housing Associations; HBF; NHBC; Land Registry; Housing Corporation; and other staff. Candidates should have experience working on residential or housebuilding developments, at Technical Coordinator level - this may have been achieved working directly for a Housebuilder or residential developer.
The role will comprise working closely with and assisting a Technical Manager on all aspects of our developments. The remit is both diverse and far reaching, commencing with land / contract matters, running through design and management of our externally appointed consultants, through to build completion.
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- To act as Principle Design Coordinator and provide all Health and Safety Information to comply with H&S policies.
- To prepare consultants brief and manage the appointment of consultants.
- Manage the delivery of surveys/reports and the detailed design process including infrastructure, substructure, house types, landscaping, conveyance plans and any associated legal agreements
- Coordination of supplier’s design and product information.
- Undertake Value engineering assessments and ensure buildability
- Liaise with in house departments, external stake holders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
- Monitor the design in line with the development programme and ensure that the latest information is issued to relevant parties and maintained on document management system
- To monitor and report technical & development fees including S106 obligations.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants will need a solid background working for housebuilding companies within a Technical role. Demonstrate ability to manage the development process with excellent communication skills, analyse problems and delivering solutions.
An HNC or equivalent construction qualification would be desirable.
- Residential Homes
- Value Engineering