The client are a house builder based in Buckinghamshire that specialise in large regeneration schemes across the South Coast.
They are currently recruiting for a Technical Coordinator reporting into a Senior Technical Manager covering their 4 sites across Southampton, Bournemouth and Poole. Candidates must have at least 3 years experience working within the Technical department of a house builder, must have experience working with drawings, must have experience with steel frame and RC frame projects and must be based on the South Coast. Due to the level of experience required the client have stated they would be looking to pay up to £40k + package.
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for mainly low rise residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- Assist in the appointment of the external professional team and management of the same
- Arrange appropriate surveys and investigations
- Oversee the professional team in regard to the delivery of well-considered value engineered design solutions that are practicable implement and construct
- Liaise with in house departments, external stake holders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
- Maintain up to date trackers for all regulatory approvals
- Monitor the design in line with the development programme and the company business plan and ensure that information is produced in a timely manner to meet the requirements for procurement, construction and sales
- Administer the technical fee budget and maintain up to date fee tracker schedules
- Deal with and arrange legal agreements relating to highways, drainage, services, wayleaves, easements and the like
- Resolving all technical related queries
- Visit sites as necessary to resolve build issues or similar
Experience and Qualifications:
- Crucially, you must have experience working at coordinator or assistant coordinator level on housebuilding or residential developments, either directly for a developer or through an agency as a consultant.
- HND/HNC in Building Studies/Construction or equivalent
- Experience of technical aspects of house building / Building Regulations
- An understanding of Planning Legislation, Construction Design & Management Regulations
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word
- Good level of communication skills, with the necessity to liaise with internal staff and external bodies
- Good level of organisation and work management
- Good time management and to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to solve technical issues efficiently and effectively
The client operate a 2 stage interview process, the 1st being with the Technical Lead and the 2nd with the Construction Director. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Technical Coordinator
- South Coast