Technical Coordinator Job Opportunity- Maritime Industry - based in Cardiff Bay
Our client is one of the world’s leading independent maritime global inspection and consultancy firms. They inspect hundreds of vessels on a global scale for many blue-chip clients from the financial, ship-owning, shipbroking, chartering and insurance industries.
To service their growing client base, they have developed an exciting new role for a Technical Coordinator which offers a rewarding and challenging career development path for a motivated, ambitious and committed individual looking for a career in the maritime sector.
Please note, you will ideally have maritime experience, have an understanding of the maritime industry and have recent experience in a shipping related role to be considered for this opportunity.
Technical Coordinator - The Key Responsibilities
- Supporting the Technical & Operations teams to ensure the timely release of all Idwal Marine inspection reports to our global client base
- Ensuring that these reports are always to the desired standard and within the target time frame
- Coordinating and managing field surveyors for the timely completion of reports and submission of survey data
- Managing expectations of internal and external partners
- Verifying initial data quality, identifying data issues or missing information and improving content where required
- The initial quality "Processing" & verification of all supplied data prior to release to internal stakeholders
- The allocation of technical review / processing tasks to internal technical staff with a clear understanding of priorities
- Time / priority management of technical review and processing functions
- Final quality check of all reports prior to release of any reporting data to customers
- Create & manage a new surveyor-feedback process to improve overall reporting standards across the globe
- Update internal database with surveyor performance rating and monitor the performance of all external resources to ensure quality standards remain
The role will form an integral part of the overall "production line" and is pivotal to customer satisfaction, productivity and prioritisation of workload. Focused always on ensuring that only the highest quality standards are maintained; whilst increasing the capacity of the team to meet growing volume and demand for our product.
Technical Coordinator - Key Skills / Experience
- An existing understanding of the maritime industry, terminology and the standards of technical reporting within the industry would be desirable.
- Be able to display relevant and recent experience of a hands-on shipping role within a ship owning, ship management, classification, flag state or other maritime environment
- Have an EU-working entitlement and be willing to work in and relocate to Cardiff, UK
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area
- Be prepared to work in an office-based administrative position within an office environment
- Can meet strict deadlines
- Be hard working and enthusiastic
- Have a high standard of both written and verbal English
- Be motivated and committed to developing a career in the shipping industry
Must have EU Working Entitlement
Salary - circa £28,000 per annum + excellent benefits package
Please note that Thomas Wolf Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agent on behalf of our Direct Client in relation to this vacancy. If you apply for this role, your CV details will be sent directly to our client for consideration. If they would then like to proceed with your application, our client will contact you directly to advise on the next steps. Please make sure you are happy with this before clicking the apply button below.
- Technical Skills
- Report Production
- Maritime Operations