A new and exciting opportunity has arisen with a large and market leading Housing Association. After recently undergoing some organisational changes they now have the opportunity to take on an experienced Technical Coordinator coming from a residential development background. Ideally, this candidate will have a good level of engineering and architecture experience and be able to show their skills in project delivery and process management.
Our client is a well-established UK Housing Association. An organisation who consistently and regularly score highly on staff engagement and satisfaction; why? They offer ample opportunity for staff to take ownership and responsibility in order to achieve a high performance.
As the Technical Coordinator, you will:
* Coordinate the production & review of layouts and working drawings.
* Manage and co-ordinate various survey/report commissions.
* Manage and programme all engineering and architectural designs in accordance with local and national standards.
* Manage and produce conveyance plans and provision of site set-up information.
* Co-ordination of services infrastructure and negotiation of costs and agreements on schemes.
* Provide assistance and support in a timely manner to allow discharging of planning and building control.
* Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving the Company's performance and reputation.
* Procure and review information from external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers which supplement the working drawing packages.
1. Liaise with Regional Teams in the production of layouts.
2. Liaise with Design team to ensure coordination of layout designs.
3. Liaise with Sales & Marketing regarding site brochure production.
4. Liaise with Production Teams to support with any on site issues.
* Commercial creativity
1. Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions.
2. Produce designs in agreed timescales to ensure regional forecasts are achieved.
3. Must be able to communicate well at all levels internally within the group and externally with public bodies.
4. Embrace innovative solutions to resolve technical and design issues.
5. Should have a broad understanding of corporate vision and policies.
The ideal and successful candidate will:
* Have either a HNC/HND in Construction or Building studies OR degree in Architectural Technology;
* Be affiliated with or a member of CIAT;
* Have a minimum of 5years in the House Building industry (within Technical) and fully conversant with UK Building Regulations;
* Awareness of CFSH & LTH.
* Experience of coordinating, managing and providing technical guidance and support to residential developments.
* Critically, you will be a 'people person' and thrive off working in an energetic team environment. Innovation and progression are what drive you. You are a self-starter and you have a high level of personal pride in your work, constantly seeking to improve yourself professionally and advance.
This organisation offer a competitive salary and benefits.