The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there’s the sheer variety of our sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
Summary Of Role
To undertake the Technical function on all technical, engineering aspects of the Division from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions. An ideal opportunity for a dynamic individual looking to progress in the field of house building engineering
What Will I Be Responsible For?
- Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the Division.
- Procure site investigations, surveys, services information, etc to assist the design process.
- Management of the technical process ensuring that best practice is followed, and that costs are controlled.
- Ensure best value is observed in procuring site service contracts.
- To oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements.
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme.
- To deliver a clear and concise technical briefing to all the related departments at the pre-start stage.
- To support the Commercial/Construction/Sales department with any issues that may arise.
- To assist the solicitors in the processing of purchaser queries.
- Ensure that the site adoptions process is followed, and that the associated agreements are in place, and that the bond value is kept to a minimum.
- Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis for incorporation into the Board Pack Report.
- Liaise with other Technical team members and Planners to seek discharge of building regulations and planning conditions.
- Liaise with Building Control Bodies to Clear Engineering related conditions.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Extensive experience of working within established development methodologies. Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
- Qualified to degree level or HNC/HND in a related subject with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge and aptitude to identify those issues which impact on land value or development costs and to make the correct 'allowances’.
What About The Benefits Package
Competitive base salary
Company bonus scheme
Company car or car allowance
25 days holiday
Money purchase pension scheme
Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Residential Homes
- Technical Team
- Technical Competence