Technical Coordinator/ Junior Engineer
Our client based in Wrexham, North Wales are a leading Consultancy and Project Management company to the UK construction industry covering Telecoms, Water, Gas & Electricity.
Their talented and highly experienced team investigate, negotiate, secure and manage utility connections on behalf of their clients.
A company that has been very successful for many years, their clients include some of the biggest and well-known names in UK construction. They have been involved in numerous projects throughout the country across a variety of sectors including industrial, commercial, residential, social housing and generation.
Due to successful growth over recent years and now with an ambitious 18 month growth plan to expand their operation further, they need additional qualified and motivated staff to join them on their journey. A number of roles are available which includes:
Technical Co-ordinator/Junior Engineer Job Purpose:
To provide a technical information service and support to internal departments and external clients for minor site developments. To take a lead role on the technical coordination of minor projects.
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Technical Co-ordinato/Junior Engineer Duties:
- An understanding of utilities would be advantageous but not essential.
- Provide Technical support on minor projects to internal departments and external clients
- Liaise with administrators over infrastructure records and advise on applications to be made
- Identify potential utility connection problems with new sites (ie; diversions, capacity issues, disconnections etc.)
- Determine utility loads for applications with guidance from Technical Manager/Engineer
- Report writing for minor projects
- Identify scope of report required with guidance from Technical Manager/Engineer
- Check quotes on minor projects
- Produce Technical reports, with supervision from Technical Manager
- You may be required to take ownership of non-standard requests, under guidance from the Technical Manager
- Assist with the administration of minor technical projects
- Provide ongoing technical support to clients
- You may be required to attend design team/site meetings
- Updating electronic files
- Maintain telephone and e-mail contact with clients
- Assist in training of new recruits
- Participate in Health and Safety audits and reviews
- Observe Client values at all times
- Undertake training appropriate to your role as and when required
Good education background
• Salary - £17k to £21k
• 20 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays (increasing by ½ day holiday for each year of service)
• Additional "birthday holiday"
• Loyalty bonus scheme (additional £100 for each year of service up to a maximum of 10 years)
• Pension scheme where the client match employee contributions
• Investment in training.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job