Role: Technical Controller - Supply Chain
Area: Ideally you will be based in/around the North West and Yorkshire areas. However frequent travel to our client's sites in Yorkshire, Lancashire and North London will be required. In addition to this, international travel is required.
Salary: up to £58,000 per annum plus 10% bonus and 10% pension and expensed company car
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Do you want to work for one of Europe's largest specialist food companies? The company's brands are respected for their quality and authenticity and are found in the best professional and home kitchens. They pride themselves on their passion for the industry and the care they take to delivery consistently high quality products. Established in the 1980's, this company is now looking to expand the team and recruit a Technical Controller - Supply Chain
As the Technical Controller for Supply Chain you will be responsible for being the Technical lead for our clients products, whilst accounting, maintaining and controlling supplier approval across commodities, ingredients, bought in goods and 3P Warehousing. You will ensure the compliance with retailer sourcing requirements (e.g M&S A List) and provide appropriate supplier audit schedules.
You will maintain and continuously improve supply chain TACCP plans, and have accountability for the businesses Food Safety and Quality Management System (FSQMS). You will report directly in to the Supply Chain Director, with soft reporting into the Head of Technical within their central team.
* Food manufacturing/processing experience; likely to be over 5 years
* BRC/Retailers COP
* Experience of dealing with supply chain and technical issues
* Experience of setting and adhering to formal budgets
* Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels to build relationships
* Flexible and positive/robust approach
* Demonstrable leadership and management experience
* Ability to prioritise and create plans that drives CI
* Understanding of, and the ability to work in a Matrix Management environment
* Analytical, accurate and tenacious
* Degree in Food Technology/Food Science or related subject
* Intermediate HACCP & Food Hygiene, IOSH management
* Full UK driving license
Internal customers and External relationships:
* Site Management team
* Central Technical team and other site management teams
* Technical Centre.
If you would be interested in receiving more information and a full job specification, please do not hesitate to contact me on or ,
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Food Manufacturing
- Supply Chain