Technical Contract Review Engineer
Hauck Heat Treatment Ltd provides a range of Surface Treatment and Heat Treatment services to the UK engineering industry. Hauck HT is part of the Industrial Services Division of Aalberts Industries NV.
Our team of specialists provide customers with access to extensive experience and excellent expert metallurgical knowledge. In addition to offering a full range of traditional heat treatment processes, Hauck HT also provide special treatments designed to overcome specific problems such as abrasion, corrosion and adhesion.
We are now looking for a Contract Review Engineer to join our team at Hauck Letchworth.
Purpose of the Technical Contract Review Engineer:
To conduct the review of incoming customer products and documentation in accordance with company procedures and produce clear, legible and detailed processing instructions to ensure all customer parts are processed to exact specifications
What are the responsibilities of the role:
- Contract Review of customer orders enabling the assessment of all technical requirements.
- Ensure Aerospace orders are clearly identified and that planned routes and processes have the necessary and relevant approval status required by customer and international standards, prior to their release for processing.
- Establish and utilise the most efficient and effective process routes, equipment and resources. Set up articles and Aerospace standard data cards in full.
- Liaise with technical, quality and production teams to maximise production efficiency and ensure all customer requirements, including those for turnaround, testing, aesthetic finish, preservation and delivery are met
- Scrutinise customer drawings and associated documentation to ensure all points of detailed requirements are accurately determined and that on-site resources have the capability to achieve all such specified and implied requirements. As part of this process, where required, review and ensure that order requirements meet current approved data cards.
- Liaise with customer representatives to resolve issues of a quality, technical, testing or other unspecified nature, as part of conducting a thorough and effective contract review
- Generate and input new and/or modify process layouts, articles and treatment details onto the computer system ( including pricing updates in line with new and updated quotations)
What qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- Must have RELEVANT experience in engineering or heat treatment disciplines – preferably metallurgy background with a broad knowledge of engineering materials and their treatments
- Ideal candidate would come from Aerospace company/background and experience of working to NADCAP standards and specifications.
- Have the ability to interpret customer drawings, standards and specifications and have knowledge/experience of producing and processing job packs and data cards.
- Broad understanding of Quality and QDR systems
- Computer literate – conversant with Outlook, MS Office suite and company business system (AMS) software
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Technical Contract Review Engineer role then please apply now