Are you passionate about working in Professional Services for the 3rd largest software and managed services provider in the UK?
Have you delivered technical projects on time and within budget?
Do you have experience in desktop upgrades and working with SCCM?
Have you heard of Advanced?
We’re the 3rd largest software solutions and managed services provider in the UK. We have a turnover of £220 million and 2,000 employees- and we’re still growing! We’re seeking an experienced Technical Consultant to join our dynamic team based in Central London (close to Old Street station).
As a Technical Consultant, you’ll work as part of the professional services team to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the appropriate technical, Advanced IT services and customer standards.
- Assist in the implementation of Professional Services projects, taking ownership of individual work packages where appropriate, or working as part of a larger team.
- Ensure that all work is delivered with minimum impact on the customer and within the appropriate change control procedures.
- Contribute to and update bid, project, departmental and technical documents
- Maintain a billable utilisation rate of >75% (or rate as otherwise determined) by ensuring that work undertaken is appropriately authorised and approved as billable
- Work within Advanced IT services’ Information Security and Acceptable Use Policy and Procedures
- Maintain an awareness of developments and best practice, and adapt and apply new and appropriate ideas
- The ability to determine user requirements, scope, design and implement desktop upgrade, standardisation and rollout projects – acting as the lead technical resource. Experience of Windows 10 upgrade projects is preferred.
- Experience of integrating Office 365 or other cloud based offerings into desktop environments
- Good understanding of authentication mechanisms such as ADFS, SSO and Modern Authentication
- Good understanding of Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Good understanding of the features and security components of Windows desktop operating systems – Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Experience of working with multiple device types e.g. desktop, laptop, tablets
- Experience of working with SCCM (Current Branch version preferred)
- Experience in working with desktop encryption third party security products e.g. BitLocker etc
- Experience of desktop management tools
- Good communication skills both written and oral
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience with other non SCCM imaging products e.g. Altiris
- Experience in working with single sign on products such as Imprivata
- Experience of packaging tools e.g. InstallShield or AdminStudio
- Experience of virtual desktop solutions (e.g. VDI, Citrix, App-V) and Mobile Device Management (InTune, MobileIron, Airwatch)
- Experience with ITIL and Prince-2 methodologies and frameworks would be beneficial
- The ability to systematically troubleshoot and investigate unfamiliar technical issues
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits from day one: pension, life insurance, income protection, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and employee assistance schemes
- 25 days holidays plus your 8 bank holidays
- The chance to be part of an organisation that’s been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest-growing tech companies
- An excellent office location and environment in London City Centre – look us up!
The Next steps:
Advanced are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. We accept applications from all academic and professional backgrounds. If successful, you can expect to take a short online aptitude and personality assessment, and attend face to face interviews- our internal talent acquisition team will be in contact to discuss the process further.